The Nairobi International Trade Fair commenced on 3rd October and will run till 7th October 2016. This year’s show is spectacular as H.E. President Uhuru Kenyatta visited the KWFT exceptional stand and he was absolutely impressed with all KWFT products and services. He commended the Institution for upholding its social mission of transforming the lives of thousands of women and their families.
The KWFT stand had special features which made the Institution to standout. The show included live banking services, money transfer services, agency banking services, home improvement demo showing KWFT’s outstanding home improvement portfolio which includes micro housing - nyumba smart, solar powered tv, milking machine, milk ATM, pick up, tractor and a multipurpose motor bike.
After very competitive and rigorous judging exercise which included companies from both public and the private sectors, KWFT was recognized in the following categories:
- Best Microfinance Institution Stand – 1st Position
- Best Stand In Youth Activities And Empowerments And Capacity Building – 3rd Position
- Best Innovative Stand And Invention Stand - 3rd Position (First time entrant)
- Best Organization/Association In Community Projects/Service Stand – 6th Position
- Stand That Best Interprets The Current Show Theme – 11th Position
KWFT is committed in supporting agribusiness ventures to foster food security and national growth.