This policy provides cover for loss or damage to various types of goods while in transit by road, rail or any inland waterway within the geographical area set out in the policy. Cover may be All Risks or for specified perils and may be taken for specific consignments or annually.
Who can take up Goods in Transit Insurance?
- Transport companies involved in hiring out transport vehicles.
- Individual transporters providing own vehicle for hire to transport goods.
- Logistics companies involved in transportation of Letters or packages.
- A Duly filled Claim form.
- Police abstract report.
- Replacement invoice/ purchase receipt/ proforma invoice.
- Statement on the circumstance of the loss/Witness statement.